For Sale

Ecomatic talk and anything else.
[Guest/annonymous posting allowed]
Glen
Diesel Expert

For Sale

Post by Glen »

Well thanks to the British insurance industry it makes little sence for me to keep my ecomatic anymore. Aparently acording to them I live in Greater Manchester (the edge of which must be at least 20 miles away) so my renewal comes out at over £800. They also want me to fit an expencive emobiliser before they would cover it which would mean should it get stolen they'll give me a whole £280 for my £500 car (though they'll probubly devalue it at that point too) once the excess is payed, I could understand if the premium was less than the cars value, but about double?

Anyway, the car...

MOT runs till the end of august next year! Tax is till the end of October.
Sadly the car is far from imaculate, no carpets of headlineing, the rear silencer has also decided to fall off last week, though it still has the intermedate box so its not mega loud
Gearbox is good, suspension resionable (can throw in some spare springs too). Tyres are good and I have a spare set avalable too on the ususal scruffy 13in steelies. Intereour is good apart from the carpet/headlineing. It has a height ajustable driving seat and split rear seats too which is unusual for an ecomatic. Theres a factory manual sunroof too!

Engine is really good, pulls very well. Its only just done 102k miles so it should last forever really. I've serviced it twice in the last year, not sure of the exact date but I expect the dash will ask for a service again within about 2 months, could do with a cambelt change though as I have no idea when that was last done, never got round to it.

As for the ecomatic bit, thats not fareing so well. Up untill a week ago it was alright though its never liked coasting with the engine off too long before it restarts to regain vacuum. In the last week it seems to have started to run continuously and sometimes throws fault codes, relateing to lack of vacuum. The car does however still drive fine in ecomatic mode (coasting with idle) or engine brake mode so its still useable for transport, but this may need some attention quite soon - I'm just being honest.

The body is very scruffy being covered in scrapes and dents, the usual rust cabs and varyous shades of faded red, the usual old mk3 golf stuff really. Underneath it is very solid though and did not require any welding for last months MOT, the guy even comented how good it was.

Cars in the Peak District around Buxton, I'd like £300 for the lot as is, which I think is fair given the MOT and its scrap value. I would consider breaking it for spares if it keeps others going.

phone is 077six1586five11

Glen