Parts

Ecomatic talk and anything else.
[Guest/annonymous posting allowed]
VDub2625
Mk3 Owner

Parts

Post by VDub2625 »

Greetings!

I know the last post in any of these forums was 3 years ago, but it is my dream to be able to findan ECOmatic available for parts. If someone had a damaged one, I would love to help your car live on! I'm creating a mk3 with all the options I can find- and an important set of those is tee ECOmatic electric power steering and secondary water pump parts. If anyone has those, I would love to find it :) thank you!

-Jason
Deylan
Finally has his VR6.

Re: Parts

Post by Deylan »

Jesus you took some time before deciding to post :lol:

The electric power steering pumps sometimes come up for sale on eBay, but I guess you'd need all the other gubbins.

The electric water pump is the same on that is on the VR6 so you can still get them easily.

Is there any particular you reason you want those parts? If you wanted electric power steering for example it might be easier to try retrofitting some other sort of power steering pump, though must admit not sure how easy that would be.
"I've been guilty of hanging around...."
VDub2625
Mk3 Owner

Re: Parts

Post by VDub2625 »

I like to take my time :D

Just noticed there was a reply to this! I want the ECOmatic parts to keep it 100% OEM Plus (that's my theme :D). If anyone has a wrecked one, I'd love the hoses, pump, and harness with controller!